Very often we get questions about what to expect when you come to LifeSpring. Every patient is different. However, this article should give some idea of what to expect when you want to become a patient of LifeSpring.
When you call to make your first appointment at LifeSpring, you will be provided an ADMINISTRATIVE INTAKE appointment. This usually happens within the first few days of your call.
At the ADMINISTRATIVE INTAKE appointment, you will work one on one with a support staff member who will go through the intake process and paperwork with you. You will learn about LifeSpring’s policies and will have the opportunity to ask questions. The day after your ADMINISTRATIVE INTAKE, you will call back and schedule your first CLINICAL APPOINTMENT.
THE ADMINISTRATIVE INTAKE
To your ADMINISTRATIVE INTAKE, be sure to bring your picture ID and your insurance card if you have one.
Financial assistance is available to those who do not have insurance. In order to receive financial assistance in the form of our sliding fee scale, you will need to show that you are an Indiana resident and we will need to verify your household income. The sliding fee scale at LifeSpring is based on total household income and total people in the household. Your household is the total number of people living in your permanent housing unit. If you are staying with friends or family temporarily, they do not count towards your household. If you are living there permanently, their income does count.
In order to utilize the sliding fee scale, we will need the following information:
Proof of Indiana Residency which is established by one of the following:
- Valid driver’s license with your current address (OR)
- Valid picture ID with your current address (OR)
- Recent paycheck stub with your current address (OR)
- A letter or ID card from a homeless services agency (OR)
- A letter from a probation or parole officer establishing your address (OR)
- Two utility bills or service credits with current address
- Cell phone bill
- Cable bill
- Electric or utility bill
- Credit card bill
- Loan payment bill or statement
- Junk Mail is not acceptable
Proof of Income
Sliding fee scales are based on total household income and the number of people living in the household. You will need to bring one of the following:
- Two most recent paycheck stubs (or disability statements) for all adult members of the household who are supporting you (OR)
- Last two months of your bank statements showing your disability check deposits or other household income and any other household income (OR)
- Letter from Social Security stating the monthly amount of your disability income and any other household income (OR)
- Last year’s tax return
Please note: If you have no way to prove your income or address, call to talk with our staff about your situation. We can help you find a solution.
When residence and income have been verified, we use the below sliding fee scale to determine what fee discount you are eligible for.
This verification must be completed every six months.
Administrative Intake Checklist
THE CLINICAL APPOINTMENT
After your ADMINISTRATIVE INTAKE, you will call to schedule a CLINICAL APPOINTMENT. During the CLINICAL APPOINTMENT, you will meet one on one with a therapist who will talk to you about your unique situation and what you hope to get out of treatment.
Together with your therapist, you will develop a Treatment Plan, which will include your goals for treatment, and the specific combination of services which will provide you with the best opportunity to reach those goals. Your participation in all recommended services will provide the best possible outcome. Recommended services could include any combination of the following:
- Individual or Group Therapy
- Case Management Services
- Primary Care Services
- Psychiatric or Nursing Services
Your therapist and other staff will also help you arrange any necessary follow up appointments.